Thursday, January 18, 2007

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

I've been following The Heathen Housewife's journey as she knits a very marvelous blankie out of leftover sock yarn she has mostly received from very generous knitbloggers all around the world. Her blankie is absolutely gorgeous, as you can see, and Shelly's blog is hilarious. I have been considering attempting this project, but I wasn't sure I loved the mitered garter look so much.

Thanks to the marvelous Ann, I have finally found possibly THE COOLEST WAY to use up my sock yarn leftovers.

There's a knitalong for charity and some possibility of your square being included in a book (?), which I may join...I better decide quick, though. Apparently, the deadline is January 20th.



(image from the flickr pool)

2 comments:

Shelly Kang said...

Hi, I hate to be a party pooper, but that image of my blankie is hot-linked from my server and you're using my bandwidth. Please remove the link. Also, I would appreciate it if you asked before using any of my images on your web pages, whether you attribute them or not.

Thanks for the props, though! I know you meant well, that's just not how it's done.

smelk-o-matic said...

I've taken it down - sorry, Shelly.

Yours,
Blogger Novice (Erin, a.k.a. Smelkins)