Friday, May 18, 2007

Sock knit-a-long!

Check it out! This is such a great idea, and I'm really looking forward to it. Starting June 7th, the Haus of Yarn in Nashville will be hosting a sock knit-a-long, meeting the first Thursday of every month. The cost is $5/session, and they'll give you a $5 gift certificate that is redeemable anytime during each month.

Um, really, how can I NOT do this? Really, there is no cost involved, since the Haus is my absolute favorite yarn shop ever. I go in there at least once a month anyway to shop and end up spending a sizable amount of cash. I'm also looking forward to getting a few pointers from Leah...I would love to know how she picks up the two stitches as the end of the gusset, as to not leave a hole (I do this differently, and probably not correctly every time), and I've heard she also has some great ways to avoid the inevitable weirdess people usually get while executing the kitchener stitch.

Please join me!!! I'm going to call and pre-register today! :)

Smiles,
Erin

3 comments:

Grandma Barb said...

Oh goody!! I'm glad you're going - me too!! Should be fun and Leah is great.

julieanne said...

Hmm...this looks interesting. I may have to stop by and give them another chance to make a good first impression. =)

sgeddes said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!
I wish I was close enough to join in.