I'm happy to report that this night's meeting of The Nashville Knitting Meetup was another success! In my opinion, here were the highlights:
1. We had a new member with us! Mari rescues parrots! Thankfully for us, she had pictures with her to share with all of us.
2. Laura made fun of my cankles, as she gracefully tried on her nearly finished sock with the double-pointed needles still on it.
3. Catherine brought along some of her fabulously hand-dyed sock yarn. Of course, I bought two skeins. I couldn't resist. The stuff is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to start knitting with it!
4. Bonnie stumped Catherine and I, as we tried to help her figure out what row she was on as she was knitting her Wavy scarf.
5. Barb told us a hilarious story about how she had one time considered purchasing a trampoline that she could place next to her bed, which would aid in her getting into her high bed, and then out.
6. Some dude sat with his laptop, right in the middle of our circle for most of the time...we all knew full well that he was listening to all of our stories and was enjoying every minute of it. After a while, his girlfriend (or, some girl that was his friend) showed up, and said, "What's going on here? Do you have something you want to tell me?" Priceless.
7. Kim showed us her completed Oktoberfest sock and a swatch knit out of the Monsoon colorway from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I am extremely jealous that she is a member of the Rockin' Sock Club.
8. Catherine's daughter, Alicia, joined us, and although she wasn't knitting, had with her a completed purse that she carries. It had a gorgeous lining, and we were all in awe.
9. Eli started a hat, tried on the ribbing, and then decided she didn't like it and could start over and have another whole hat done in about an hour anyway. ;)
10. There was plenty of bitching, as it should be.
11. I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all.