Taken from the Simply Socks Yarn Co. Blog...
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I tried spinning!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I vowed to lose weight last year. It didn't go anywhere. I haven't made any new ones for this year...I think last year's should probably carry over to this one.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My co-worker, Sam, and his wife, Catie, had a baby girl right before Christmas. It was fun to hear stories about him going through the pregnancy process.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, actually. My Aunt Jenny, who I hadn't really seen in about 10 years, died this summer. It's kind of a mystery as to what went down, but my family was very close with her when we were growing up and lost touch as I grew up, unfortunately. Also, my best friend Amy's father died this year, and I enjoyed his company very much.
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't even go to Canada this year!
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Another cat. I'd really like a third cat. I'm not holding my breath.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'll remember the day we sold the house. I don't remember the exact date, but it's memorable. I'll also remember leaving my first "real job", and my birthday party at the Gerst Haus. Good times.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I'm not too sure. Probably not killing anyone at work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Again, I'm not really sure. I wish I had saved more money.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not at all.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
About 80 pounds of sock yarn.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Probably Jake's. He's the best boo in the world.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
New York, from Vh-1's "I Love New York". Talk about lame. I have to admit that I watched the show, though. It's a true trainwreck, and I cannot look away.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Going out to eat. Oh, and yarn.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A spinning wheel!! I blame Leah for this. I needed another hobby like I needed a hole in the head, but it's all good.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"Philadelphia Freedom" by Elton John (it's been in Jake's head for 3 weeks now) and "Killer Queen" by Queen.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
I don't know. I would assume fatter.
c) richer or poorer?
I really don't know. I'd assume poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveling. I didn't take enough trips last year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
On Christmas morning, I opened gifts with my immediate family and Jake, and then at lunchtime we went to Fort Wayne to open gifts with Jake's family. A good time was had by all.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I was already in love!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
That's a four-way tie, between "Late Night with Conan O'Brien", "How Do I Look?", "Project Runway", and "The Office".
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
I didn't read many books. I started to read The Devil Wears Prada, but only made it half way. Lame, I know.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I got the new Collective Soul album, but they're not a discovery at all. I have been kind of soured on the music industry lately.
26. What did you want and get?
Please see question #15.
27. What did you want and not get?
This question will remain unanswered for fear that someone very close to me might kick my ass.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmmm. I really liked "Superbad".
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Please see question #7. I was 27!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having more money.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
No muss, no fuss. It's sad, but true. I wear easily washable cotton tops with jeans, and most times hand knit socks.
32. What kept you sane?
Knitting, Jake, candy, ice cream, my friends, my family, and my cats.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The price of gasoline. Is that a political issue?
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My co-worker, Sam.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Look before you get up from bending over. I can't tell you how many times I bashed my head into something.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don't want to. There's really nothing appropriate anyways.
I plan to do another "year in review" post shortly. But, since this is a blog about sock knitting, it will be a review of all the new sock yarns I tried out in 2007. It won't disappoint! ;)