Sunday, October 21, 2007

FO report!

Well, I had a fruitful weekend. I've now realized it takes me about a full week to knit one sock. Anyways, here's the pair I finished this morning!:



I actually really like this picture. And the socks, too. These were knit using my basic top down recipe (72 sts on size 1 addis) and some Schaefer Anne. I think I knit the first sock well over a year ago, but they're finished now, and that's all that matters. I don't love knitting with the Anne so much, but I do love the finished product. The only thing that stinks is that I have a TON of yarn leftover. And I mean a ton. I may end up making a pair of toddler socks with that. Here's another shot:



So, that's one less single sock in the pile, but I've recently added three more:



This was knit with some Regia, again, using my basic sock recipe. And here's a finished Wollmeise (but not) sock:



And lastly, one finished Music Man sock:



Here's a close-up of the stitch pattern and short-row heel:



In stash enhancement news, my skein of Merino Stripes from Mama Blue came in on Thursday:



I love this yarn already, and I haven't even started knitting with it. Really, it is gorgeous! I think I may need to cast on tonight...

Finally, I made my weekend-ly trip to the Haus of Yarn yesterday, and picked up many things, including this:



That's a skein of Araucania Ranco Multy. I love the dye job on this one, and also must say that this was very reasonably priced. Whoooopee!

That's about all I've got for now, except to say that if you haven't seen this movie, please do yourself a favor and try to at least catch it on IFC. You won't be disappointed. I mean, unless, unlike me, you don't really find ridiculous "hip-hoperas" that hilarious.

Smiles,
Erin

No comments: