Monday, August 14, 2006

Time to make a new sweater...for me.

As many of you know, I am mainly a sock knitter now. Well, a complete sock junkie, to be exact. I may have a problem with buying sock yarn, to tell you the truth. I'm currently working on a sock using size Os with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Lorikeet, and it's taking freaking forever. I don't know why I bought size 0s, but I guess it does look lovely. Picture TBD.

Anyway, I was knitting up on it on Saturday, and was just done and wanted to switch it up, for once and start making a new sweater. I pulled out some regular, worsted, orange Reynolds Signature out of the stash and began to make this (pattern here: http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/pilar/pilar.html):



It's pretty simple, but that's what I wanted to knit, right then. Something plain, stockinette, and boring for most to knit, but I wanted to see results ASAP. So, I went from size 0s to size 8s and had a little party. I watched "Bridget Jones' Diary" and got all chick flick with myself and knit three quarters of the back. That was pretty much instant gratification for me, then.

I hope I'll finish it and the rest of the 27 socks I have in progress (pictures also TBD).

Happy Monday,
Erin

No comments: