1. The fact that I just finished my first truly successful sweater project:
Thanks to my co-workers/buddies Sandra and Bobbe, I finally learned how to seam correctly. I also learned how to figure out how to make a sweater really fit. These things are HUGE - and kind of, um, important to know if you're going to be making sweaters. Anyways. I used 11 skeins of Koigu Kersti, which is very fabulous. Highly recommended. Raveled here.
2. Kmart. I say it all the time, I know, but I really love it. Here are some things I found there yesterday:
Totally cute, no? Reminds me of some of the projects I would like to attempt in this book.
Martha Stewart approved amigurumi for your Christmas tree!! I have long adored her Sugarplum line, but this gave me a great gift idea - I can do this! Tiny Yarn Animals here I come!
3. Hungry-girl.com's daily e-mails. If you're on Weight Watchers, sign up to get them right now. Very, very helpful. Oh, by the way, I've lost 35 pounds since May. Holy crap!
4. As a follow-up to #3, these:
Only 2 Points!!!
5. Also as a follow-up to #2, I can't help it - I kind of love crochet:
I started one of these using mostly Cascade 220. It's pretty fun.
6. Navajo plying:
I'd say this is in between a sport and DK weight - spun from some Lorna's Lace top in Tickled Pink. Supposedly, the navajo ply is not good for socks, due to the join, but whatever. I think it looks real pretty.
7. Jake's new paint job:
That's his 1968 Impala, with fresh paint. It's very shiny, and fun to ride in.
8. Our new patio:
Jake finished this about a month ago - and he made the planter boxes, too. He can stay. I love him.
9. The final harvest from our garden:
Yes!! Sweet potatoes!! They were pretty delicious.
That's it for now.